Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Scholarships Available

The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards really does a great job of finding individuals and businesses that are willing to help teachers pay to go through the process.  The scholarships that are available for the 2011-2012 cycle can be found at http://www.nbpts.org/become_a_candidate/fees_financial_support/scholarships.  The Friends of SC Scholarship that I mentioned in an earlier blog is listed here.  This scholarship will cover $750 of the NB fees.  I hope that we will have this money for the 2012-2013 cycle as well but can't make any promises.  I contacted NB about this and they are waiting for final information before they give me an answer.

A few scholarships of note for SC applicants:

  • Liberty Mutual provides scholarships for first time applicants who have previously completed the Take One! process
  • GlaxoSmithKline is a scholarship for science teachers who are pursuing a certificate in EA Science or AYA Science
  • The National Board Scholarship Fund is open to first-time applicants
The Governor Hunt Scholarship is for first time applicants in  EA Science or AYA Science

    Don't forget - we have Federal Subsidy money available until January 18th ($1250).  Go to www.cerra.org.  

    2 comments:

    1. I emailed this to you but haven't heard back so I figure it's caught in your spam filter. :)

      If I apply for the scholarship/grant funding and/or federal subsidy monies (the ones with Jan 18 deadline), my question is,

      Do I still have to turn in the "box" by March 31?

      Thanks..

      Chris

      ReplyDelete
    2. Chris,

      I am going to go back and look for your email in my spam account. Sorry about that! If you apply by January 18th your box will be due by March 31st. You can wait and apply in February when NB opens the 2012-2013 cycle. Just remember, I am not sure if we will have the Friends of SC Scholarship available at that time.

      ReplyDelete